Apply to Internship!
Join Cambridge Companies Design-Build, a growing
company looking for great leaders. Be at the forefront of it all!
You can apply to the internship in Arizona and the Chicagoland markets.
Founded in 1988, Cambridge Companies provides high-quality design, consulting, construction, and general contracting services for the Environmental Services and Truck & Transportation Industries throughout the United States. Cambridge is licensed nationwide and supports projects through offices in the Chicagoland and Phoenix markets. Committed to excellence, Cambridge maintains a reputation for providing comprehensive construction services delivered on-time and on-budget. The Cambridge team believes dependable customer service is an essential component of each project we undertake, and we constantly strive to operate with integrity and efficiency. Apply to internship with the form below.
Scroll down to fill out the application form
Reports To: Director of Construction
The intern performs tasks to assist the Construction Department with all facets of a construction project. This role collaborates with other members of the Construction Department, the Design Department, and the Pre-Construction Department.
- Assist with drawing reviews to understand the complete scope of the project
- Assist with the preparation of logs for submittals and drawings
- Attend meetings related to subcontractor selection and buy-out process
- Prepare detailed notes for different phases of construction as required
- Coordinate with the Field Manager for various responsibilities to ensure the completion of open items
- Participate in the RFI process with oversight from the Assistant Project Manager
- Participate in the Submittal process with oversight from the Assistant Project Manager
- Assist with the distribution of project documentation
- Prepare agendas and meeting minutes for project meetings that occur weekly and bi-weekly
- Assist the Field Manager with daily duties: photos, daily reports, foreman meetings, and toolbox talks
- Assist the Pre-Construction Department with scope writing and bid solicitation
- Complete weekly presentations to summarize work completed and goals for next week
- Prepare and present a summary of the work experience at the end of the internship
- Other tasks as assigned
- Not Applicable
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Construction Management
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience with Sage, Procore, Bluebeam and Microsoft Project is preferred
- Short travel stints may be available to view existing sites/facilities
- Longer travel stints may be available to spend time on ongoing projects
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Pass a background check and drug screening
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Action Orientation: Maintaining a sense of urgency to complete a task. Seeks information rather than waiting for it.
- Communication: The ability to give and gather information and actively manage the communication process by asking questions, conveying complex information in plain language, listening and considering others’ views, state own views clearly and concisely, and addressing conflict professionally and productively.
- Flexibility: Is open to and adjusts easily to change and new information; adapts behavior or work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles; effectively handles ambiguity.
- Planning and Organizing: Plans and organizes tasks and work responsibilities to achieve objectives; set priorities and schedules activities; allocates and uses resources properly.
- Problem Solving: Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives and make recommendations. Able to think clearly and rationally, solve problems systematically, and make the right decisions quickly.
- Time Management: Able to make the most effective use of one’s own time and that of others; gets the job done without procrastinating or delaying; is constantly aware of what is the best use of time.