Open Internship Positions
Open Internship Positions with Cambridge
Cambridge Companies, Inc. has paid internship opportunities available for college students. See below for the open internship position(s) available with us and apply today!
Construction Department Internship
Griffith, IN, US
Scottsdale, AZ, US
Reports To: Director of Construction
Open Internship Positions
Position Summary: The intern performs tasks to assist the Construction Department with all facets of a construction project. This role collaborates with other members of the Construction Department, the Design Department & the Pre-Construction Department.
Construction Internship Position Details
- Assist with drawing reviews to understand the complete scope of the project
- Utilizing Procore Project Management software; assist with the preparation of drawing and submittal logs
- Attend meetings related to subcontractor selection and buy-out process
- Participate in the RFI process with oversight from the Project Management Team
- Participate in the submittal process with oversight from the Project Management Team
- Assist with the distribution of project documentation
- Prepare agendas & meeting minutes for project meetings that occur weekly & bi-weekly
- Assist the Field Manager with daily duties: photos, daily reports, foreman meetings, & toolbox talks
- Assist the Pre-Construction Department with scope writing & bid solicitation
- Complete monthly presentations to summarize work completed & goals for the next month
- Prepare & present a summary of the work experience at the end of the internship
Competencies we will help enhance:
- Action Orientation: Maintaining a sense of urgency to complete a task. Seeks information rather than waiting for it.
- Communication: The ability to give and gather information and actively manage the communication process by asking questions, conveying complex information in plain language, listening and considering others’ views, state own views clearly and concisely, and address conflict in a professional and productive manner.
- Flexibility: Is open to and adjusts easily to change and new information; adapts behavior or work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles; effectively handles ambiguity.
- Planning and Organizing: Plans and organizes tasks and work responsibilities to achieve objectives; sets priorities and schedules activities; allocates and uses resources properly.
- Problem Solving: Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives and to make recommendations. Able to think clearly and rationally, solve problems systematically, and make right decisions quickly.
- Time Management: Able to make the most effective use of one’s own time and that of others; gets the job done without procrastinating or delaying; is constantly aware of what is the best use of time.